Our Key Principles for Working Together
- We will all value and work with peoples’ skills, knowledge, and interests to improve services for carers.
- We will establish, via a two-way conversation with those who provide services, a mutually beneficial growing understanding.
- Through increased co-production carers will help shape future services.
- We will take positive action to let people know what we are doing and encourage the sharing of knowledge.
- We will make sure that any person or group of people that wants to be involved is included.
- We will aim to represent the interest of carers and those they care for by focusing on issues based on multiple cases and trends.
- We will strive to use plain language and other methods of communication that work for people, explaining jargon, and providing translations where possible.
- We will be honest and open in a transparent manner to promote mutual trust
- We will review and reflect on how we do things and change them if we need to.
What is Co-production?
The 'Our Voice' co-production group has chosen the following definition to explain what is meant by the word co-production:
"Co-production is not just a word, it is not just a concept, it is a meeting of minds coming together to find shared solutions. In practice, co-production involves people who use services being consulted, included, and working together from the start to the end of any project that affects them.
More information on co-production can be found here.